Boxcryptor is software program that allows you to easily encrypt your cloud storage system for added security. The program has end to end encryption technology for even greater security. With Boxcryptor you can easily collaborate with other people on files while maintaining your security and encryption. The program works with all kinds of devices, ranging from smartphones and tablets to actual desktop computers. The program does not keep any knowledge or records of the information that the program protects, allowing for privacy along with security. Because the program is compatible with up to 20 different cloud systems, most users will be able to use the program.
- Boxcryptor gives your online cloud accounts encryption so that they will have added security.
- The end to end encryption ensures that all of your files will be well protected.
- Boxcryptor does not collect any information that you encrypt with it, meaning that the site can offer both security and privacy, which many similar programs do not do.
- With Boxcryptor you can still collaborate on files while keeping your protection.
- This is a great feature for businesses who use files in their cloud accounts to remotely conduct business.
- Boxcryptor gives you great security as well as privacy. There are not many programs out there that allow you to feel secure with your dealings online as well as private, given the nature of so many programs to collect marketing data.
- Boxcryptor encrypts all of your data with end to end encryption. This advanced security system is very secure and will allow you to get online without any worries.
- Boxcryptor is great for businesses because it allows you to keep valuable information, whether that is product or consumer information, safe at all times.
- If you do not use any kind of cloud storage program, then you do not have any reason to download Boxcryptor. It is geared specifically towards cloud servers, so other sites will likely not be affected by it.
- Boxcryptor does not protect any of your other sites online, meaning that social media profiles, for example, may still be at risk if you use Boxcryptor for your cloud accounts.
- There are plenty of competitors to Boxcryptor. While it does have several key features that set it aside from its competition, it is by no means the only option and you may have better alternatives available.
Boxcryptor is a great program for people who feel that security is lacking in their cloud storage system. Many of these cloud storage systems have very barebones security systems, and are not incredibly difficult to break into if you have experience. This is especially a problem if you have a large business with a lot of valuable information to take. As a result, this system is largely targeted towards businesses. However, if you are an individual as opposed to a business, Boxcryptor offers some of its services for free. What all of this means is that the system, while it may be geared towards businesses, is great for anyone that uses cloud storage. There are many helpful features of the software, like the ability to securely collaborate on documents, that set it apart from some of its competitors and make it one of the best box security programs available.
Yearly subscription means more money out of your pocket.
Very bad product. The iOS app is unable to crypt/encrypt folders and files. And TouchID doesn't work, even when the corresponding option is on.