ReadCube is software that manages and organizes research papers and other documents. The software is used in 220 countries by more than 2, 500 institutions, including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, the University of California, the Imperial College of London, King's College of London, the University of Toronto, NorthWestern University, Purdue University, Stanford University, the University of Cambridge and more.
- Organize and manage research documents in a single platform
- Syncs to mobile devices, including Android, Apple and Amazon Kindle
- Built-in citation maker to quickly produce citation for Microsoft Word documents
- References can be exported to Endnote, Zotero, Overleaf, Refworks and more
- Supports exporting to citation file formats like .
- Includes a 30 day free trial
- Pricing is affordable at $55 per year
- There are probably more applicable solutions for organizing non-research PDF documents, so this software's scope is somewhat limited
While scientific journals and documents contain some of the most important information mankind has ever produced, they are often not very fun to read, and sifting through all the material can take a long time. ReadCube aims to change all that with its comprehensive suite of tools designed to make better all things related to research material. The software's main feature is an enhanced PDF viewer. The viewer automatically displays related materials and supplements to the data on-screen, produces clickable inline references and citations, and allows fast searching of author information with the click of a button. Users can also annotate and highlight passages within the program, eliminating the need for cumbersome third-party tools. ReadCube includes integration with popular search engines and includes functionality to download relevant research papers with a single click. PDF files can be quickly added to the software's on-board library for automatic organization and fast searching. A ReadCube Team edition of the software is available to enhance research work in a group setting. The product features unlimited amounts of cloud storage space, synchronization for up to five devices, searchable tags and more. For teams that are larger than 30 people, an enterprise edition is available on request.