Periscope is an app that allows you to broadcast what you are doing at the moment. Periscope broadcasts you from your front camera but has the feature to switch over to your rear-facing camera. This gives you control over what your audience is seeing and as a result you can broadcast both yourself and the world around you. This application is compatible with Android, Ios, Mac, and Windows, giving you the flexibility to go live from any device. Once your live broadcast has started, viewers will start to appear to watch you do your thing. Viewers have the option to comment on your live stream, giving them the option to communicate with them in real time.
- Optional location sharing
- Able to share on Twitter
- Live interaction between user and viewer
- Save broadcasts for 24 hours
- Simple user-friendly design
- Free to use
- Search by Location
- Periscope allows you to search by location, allowing you to see people who are broadcasting near you. On the opposite side, if you are broadcasting people in your area can find your live stream simply by searching by location.
- Hearts are a fun feature on Periscope that allows the audience to show whoever is streaming that they like their content. Hearts are free and can be spammed by users to show tons of love to their favorite stars.
- Periscope is free for both viewers and broadcasters, allowing anyone to reach a wider audience than ever before.
- No Stored History
- Since Periscope doesn't save your broadcasts forever, it is impossible to save comments and hearts from viewers as well. Periscope also doesn't show any analytics about users live streams, making it difficult for professional broadcasters to grow on the app.
- Share on Twitter only
- Due to the fact that Periscope and Twitter run by the same company, users only have the option to share their broadcast to Twitter. As a result, any followers from other social media platforms won't see that you are currently live and will miss out on the broadcast.
Periscope is a social media app that is like none other. Its concept and execution are unique and as a result, the site has millions of users. Due to its user-friendly interface, starting a live broadcast is simple and finding someone who is broadcasting is just as easy. The ease of use also carries over to the viewer's ability to ask questions and your ability to answer them.