The Noun Project
The Noun Project is a website where teams of designers come together to create a large database of simple images that can be used to replace nouns in language online. The goal of the project is to create a huge and diverse catalogue of images to represent nouns so that they can simplify communication. Their images cross cultural barriers as well as language barriers, allowing for communication to be much simpler even between people who share no cultural characteristics. The creator community at the noun project produces new icons every day and keeps their libraries constantly up to date.
- The Noun Project is a large catalogue of icons designed to simplify and universalize communication.
- The Noun Project is easy to use and search through.
- The icons are grouped together and you can use the search function on their main website to look through them without any limits.
- The Noun Project collaborates with countless designers and updates their catalogue every day to include more and more words so that they may eventually cover any topic that you could realistically need to communicate about with another.
- The Noun Project allows you to get your point across in a conversation even if you do not share a language with the person you are talking with, allowing for greater communication across borders and cultures.
- The Noun Project is constantly updating itself with its massive team of contributors adding new icons to the already huge library that The Noun Project boasts every day.
- Even if you do not anticipate having any cultural or language barriers to cross, you can still have a lot of fun searching or browsing through The Noun Project's massive library of icons.
- It can sometimes be hard to communicate full or in depth ideas through the icons that The Noun Project. If you are trying to communicate complex ideas, it may be a better idea to use an actual translator service.
- Some of the icons on The Noun Project's website look strange and it can be hard to determine what they are. However, they have such a huge catalogue so you are likely to find an alternative that works.
- If you do end up using and liking The Noun Project, it can be difficult coming back to having to write out actual words.
There are a lot of really cool aspects to this website, and a lot of ways that it could be helpful in reality. Icons in The Noun Project are usually grouped by similarities and common themes, so they are easy to sort through and find. Once you have found your proper icons, communications is simple. The Noun Project crushes language barriers in ways that even translator apps cannot. Even with a translator app, you may end up communication phrases or idioms that do not make sense in another language. The Noun Project allows you to get you point across without having any barriers in communication. The search function on their website is easy to use and prompts you to "search for anything". If you listen, you will almost surely not end up disappointed, because The Noun Project's library of icons is already huge and is getting bigger and better every day.