In a world where free information is under pressure and the eye of surveillance is everywhere, Telegram Messenger is an instant messaging app that keeps users hidden. Social, gadget savvy people will be delighted by its amount of security and speed. Since 2013, Telegram has guaranteed that their exclusive messenger has zero risk as the price of zero dollars.
- Instant messaging on Telegram is truly instant; quick and lightweight.
- The API is open source and can be used to create user-generated tools.
- There is an unfathomable amount of third-party stickers that are fun to use in friendly conversations.
- Privately send and receive all kinds of media from videos and pictures to music and documents.
- Encrypted calling is as clear and easy to dial as a regular phone call.
- The application is widely available on the major platforms Android, iOS, Windows smartphones, PC, Mac, and Linux.
- Not many people use Telegram, so it may take some convincing to get your friends to switch over.
- There are very few available slots to pin your favorite chats.
- Some sources say that the end-to-end encryption is not consistent, a statement which has not been fully verified yet.
Of all instant messenger apps, such as Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger, Telegram is one of the most encrypted and advanced of the bunch. It is the private utilitarian option in overall scope of this type of software. Calling is a major focus point when it comes to communication. In fact, phone calls through messenger is sometimes clearer than a standard phone call. Fear not, people who like privacy, because the encrypted phone calls label you and the recipient as randomly generated nicknames. It’s actually a pretty fun little feature. My personal favorite was when my grandmother was unceremoniously renamed “Whale Chiropractor”. Speaking of fun features, instant messaging has never been more simultaneously fun and safe. The end-to-end encrypted chats are lined with clean design and the ability to send outrageous stickers to friends. One can even send any type of media they want at any file size. It’s all kept hidden from other eyes, so as long as no one is looking over anyone’s shoulder. Chats even have the ability to be deleted and be set as “time bombs” which means that at a set time the chosen message will delete itself.
Honestly, I disappointed in Telegram recently and looking for some new encrypted messengers. Utopia ecosystem is a startup I've been testing recently, their team is struggling for secure data transmission. Mind it as a good alternative to messenger, it combines e-mail and wallet as well.
I would also recommend Utopia messenger as an alternative. As privacy and security is a must for me. Telegram can be hacked and Utopia devs promise that no one except the sender and receiver can access the info.