Unibox is an application that aims to completely overhaul your email experience. Unibox resorts your email so that you can group the messages you receive by their sender. This unique feature allows you to more easily communicate back and forth with people. Unibox also presents entire threads of emails to you, allowing you to see correspondence as it actually occurred. It also shows attachments as their content instead of as a link to their content that must be downloaded. Unibox is sorted by several incredibly popular email providers. The goal of Unibox is to make your email thread appear more as a conversation.
- Unibox sorts your emails by sender instead of by date.
- This is a very convenient way to navigate around your email and makes your email threads feel more conversational.
- The single window feature that Unibox offers allows you to see emails that you have written or received in your thread as you write your emails.
- This helps you remember what you wanted to say in response as you write.
- With Unibox you can see attachments in emails as you read them as opposed to afterwards when you click on a link.
- This convenient feature is unique and very outside of the box.
- Unibox can resort your emails so that they are sorted by sender instead of by date. This makes navigating through your emails much easier and feels more like texting than emailing.
- You can see attachments as they appear in a message instead of having to open them all separately.
- The ability to see old emails as you are writing emails is very helpful as it keeps you on topic. You will most likely write better emails as a result.
- Always viewing your emails by sender as opposed to by date can make you forget about important recent emails that you needed to respond to.
- Sometimes viewing attachments can be a slow process if you do not have a very strong internet connection. If you have a stronger internet connection, then this issue should not come up to often for you.
- While most of the more popular email sites are supported but Unibox, they cannot claim to be compatible with them all, and if you have a more obscure domain for your email then there is a chance that Unibox could not be compatible for you.
Unibox is an incredibly helpful program for several reasons. The most important overall theme of Unibox is that your communication on email will read more as a conversation, which is more similar to what email really is than the program it usually appears as. The app makes your email flow much more smoothly and reading through emails feels more natural. It is really nice that it allows you to see attachments as a part of the email. This is something that you do not put much thought into when going through emails, but is a really nice feature when you actually get to use it. Another feature like this that comes in handy is the single window feature that allows you to read and write emails at the same time from one window.
Most people are incapable of grasping the genius in this app's design because it's so simple. Simple = dumb, right? Different = wrong? No it's not. The simple sort by sender minimises clutter in the most brilliantly elegant way I've ever seen. No more searching for a particular mail. It still sorts by date but also by sender! If the inbox gets filled by very many emails after a few days not reading mails then no problem. Most of my emails are from just a few diligent senders so reading a few and marking the rest as read is quickly done thanks to sort by sender. Attachments are handled exactly the same way as in other email clients but with the additional benefit in sorting by sender: You can view all the attachments from one sender (if any). The email protocols are standardised so I'd be surprised if there are any email providers which UniBox can't handle (like with any email client). Grouping by sender can be seen as the same as messages I iMessage. Imagine the chaos it would create in that app if messages were sorted by date only! Horrible! :-) Five (5) stars for UniBox without hesitation!