Product Hunt is a lot like Reddit, but aimed solely at tech enthusiasts. It’s a half-social half-advertising platform where users go to see cool new stuff and companies get to show off their latest projects. It works like this: Either a company or a content curator submits a product to the site, and then users vote it up or down. The more upvotes a product gets, the more people it’s shown to. By default, new submissions go into the obscure “new” section. The site is organized so you can view only submissions related to industries you’re interested in, such as games, books, or artificial intelligence.
- Separate account options for personal and company accounts
- Customizable feeds so you can see only what you’re interested in
- An “ask” section where users get recommended solutions to their unique problems
- Internal curators can come along and feature your product without having to do anything. For a business, this means potentially free publicity.
- It’s an excellent way to receive free feedback from your core audience
- It’s entertaining to use, whether you’re an individual or a business
- The Product Hunt team is constantly expanding their platform to make it more valuable for companies
- The site is completely community driven. That means if nobody likes your product, there isn’t anything you can do about it.
Product Hunt has ample uses for both businesses and consumers. As a consumer, you get a front-row seat to some of the most unique and interesting projects out there. You also get to discuss and vote on these projects with hundreds of other like-minded individuals As a business, you get a platform where you can pitch your project to a community of users eager to see what you have to offer. These users are on the site to see exactly the sort of cool thing you’ve been making, so you get an engaged audience from the get-go. Product Hunt is great for clicking away hours of your free time, but it’s also a great place to get valuable feedback or just to gauge the interest in your project. Either way, individuals and businesses alike will find it’s an easy platform to fall in love with.