Anki is a software that allows users to integrate memorizing techniques into a functional study platform with flashcards. This software allows for users to learn languages, study for exams, memorize speeches and practice music instrument sheets of music.
- Optimized Data Synchronization: The user can sync their cards across all platforms, PCs, Macs and iOS devices with ease.
- The process is automatic and only requires an account to be opened across the platforms.
- As long as you are logged in, there is auto-propagation of data and flashcards are saved with ease.
- Multiple Media Memorization Tools: The software caters to all learning styles including tactile and kinesthetic learners.
- The media options including learning by watching videos, listening to audio, scribble markup on the cards and image clips.
- Encrypted Code: The code is open source.
- This means that your cards are safe in the respective format of storage that the software implements.
- Also, that the data is encrypted.
- Flexibility: Items can be customized to the specific liking of the user. Flashcards and vocabulary games can be fully customized given the open source platform.
- Extensible: Many features are available to add on to the software. Some are paid and some are free. The add-ons are available to supplement different learning styles.
- Cloud Driven: Access the auto-saved flashcards from anywhere. You can use your iOS device, PC, Mac or Android platform.
- Programming Languages: The system has been reviewed as inefficient in learning a programming language. Mainly, because programming is not learned in a linear thought method. A similar software, Quizzily, allows for quizzes to be taken and more abstract concepts to be assessed.
- Potential for bugs: Some of the add-ons are Beta Tests. There have been known to be bugs. A similar program, Quizlet, is simpler and all of the games and add-on features are reviewed as not having bugs and the site and cloud-based software runs smoothly.
This program has been shown to be very effective when it comes to learning and memorizing specific data or information in a functional system that allows the user to generate flashcards in a web-based system.