Todoist is an iOS & Android app that helps you organize your life by scheduling all of your tasks, syncing across multiple devices, and even offers shared to-do lists so you can keep your whole family on track.
- Personal & Business Level Plans
- Manage entire projects with multiple people on one team
- Tag projects with reminders so everyone is clued in
- Automatic Backups of data for Premium & Business users
- Productivity tracking and charts for Premium & Business users
- Project templates to manage repetitive tasks
- Available on just about every dominant platform (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Chrome)
- Allows you to set up recurring tasks
- Multi-step tasks so you can break down your projects
- Keep track of your streaks so you can measure progress
- Review completed tasks to review accomplishments
- Connects with several other services including IFTTT, Zapier, Dropbox, Google Calendar and more
- Supported on all major platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Chrome)
- Free version is limited
Todoist is an online app available on mobile and the web that is designed to help you get your life on track. The app makes it easy to set up recurring tasks that remind you of things you need to do, like pick up the kids from soccer practice every Wednesday or how much time you're spending on that freelance work project. The app is free to use and try for 80 active projects with five people per project, but if you want a bigger team or more features, you'll have to shell out a couple of bucks a month for the Premium or Pro plans. The Premium plan has a reasonable price for personal use and adds some features that are worth paying for, like location-based notifications, task labels & reminders, automatic backups, and productivity tracking and charts. You get all of that for $28.99 a year, which isn't bad if you start using it to manage your whole family's life. It's easy to do that thanks to the high number of integrations with other web services that you already use. You can import your tasks into Google Calendar or iCal, sync files with Dropbox, set up connections to other apps with IFTTT or Zapier, and more than 60 different integrations so you can maintain complete control over your workflow with Todoist guiding you. If the free plan doesn't provide enough features for you and you're considering upgrading, Todoist offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with how the app performs within 30 days of paying for it, you can email support and they'll refund you no questions asked. The app also has support on just about every computing platform under the sun, so no matter what stable of devices you keep in your home, Todoist will sync across them. Even Android Wear and the Apple Watch can sync with your tasks so you can be notified directly on your wrist.
Todoist have recently stopped SMS reminders - they'll send a push notification instead. Not impressed. Otherwise app is good - have been using it for years
Todoist have recently decided that it enhances user experience by NOT having SMS reminders. I guess this is cost driven but it's a feature I loved about todoist and sorely miss. Anyone know an alternative app that provides this?