Calibre is a piece of software that tests different user metrics for your website so you can better troubleshoot how different customers from around the world will interact with your site based on its performance.
- Don't need to install anything to begin monitoring
- Automatic Snapshots of performance taken daily
- Google Lighthouse is built-in
- Test from anywhere across the globe
- Emulate specific devices for better troubleshooting
- View user-focused metrics
- Detailed analysis of reports
- Performance budgets alert you to problems
- Nothing to install on your server to use
- Lightweight and keeps track of several metrics
- Test site performance from anywhere in the world
- Free 14-day trial with tiered plans
- Free trial doesn't give a full month of data
- Pricing is expensive for small businesses
Calibre is a website development tool that's designed to allow you to see the same thing that your customer views when they access your website, no matter where they're at in the world. It's useful for troubleshooting problems with specific devices, especially if you don't have the device in-house to test on. Automatic Snapshots allow you to test performance once the software has been enabled to work with your site, so you can quickly gather data on how your site is performing across the world. And the best thing is if reports suggest a problem from specific devices or areas of the world, you can pull up those metrics immediately to try and duplicate the situation. The performance budget feature allows you to set up a metric that you expect your site to perform at for anywhere in the world. Any time that budget is met or exceeded, you're alerted so you can instantly address the problem. You can even set up real-time alerts and notifications to your smartphone using integrations with email and Slack. It also includes Google Lighthouse support, so you can quickly identify which parts of your website are causing performance problems and address them without a lot of guesswork. Calibre does offer a free 14-day trial with no sign-up required, but that's not enough time to get a full month's worth of data. The personal option also allows you to track two sites, but if you have more than that, you'll need to consider one of the more expensive Power and Pro plans. Enterprise solutions are also available for those who manage up to 50 different websites. Perhaps the most beneficial feature of this software is being able to test and troubleshoot performance on devices you don't own. Replicating issues reported by your customers gives you a better idea of how they're interfacing with your website and allows you to provide a better experience for repeat customers.